Noah Schnapp Wiki, Age, Biography, Height, Girlfriend, Family, Images, And More
Noah Cameron Schnapp (born October 3, 2004) is an actor from the United States. He rose to prominence as Will Byers in the Netflix science fiction horror series Stranger Things. In films, he has played Roger Donovan in Steven Spielberg's historical drama Bridge of Spies (2015) and Charlie Brown in the animated The Peanuts Movie (2015).
Childhood and education
Schnapp was raised in Scarsdale, New York, and was born in New York City to Mitchell and Karine Schnapp (née Perez). He is a Jew who celebrated his Bar Mitzvah in Israel. He has an identical twin sister. He is a dual citizen of the United States and Canada. His father is of Russian Jewish ancestry, and his mother is Moroccan Jewish.
Schnapp became interested in acting when he was about five years old after seeing the Broadway production of Annie. He appeared in school and community plays as an actor. When he was eight years old, his acting teacher suggested he pursue a professional career. Schnapp's parents enrolled him in a Westchester Star Kidz acting program with coach Alyson Isbrandtsen, who soon referred him to MKS&D Talent Management for career opportunities.
Schnapp studies entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School. He expects to graduate in 2026.
Schnapp made her acting debut in Steven Spielberg's Academy Award-winning 2015 film Bridge of Spies. He portrayed Roger, the son of James B. Donovan. Concurrently, Schnapp provided the voice of Charlie Brown in the animated film The Peanuts Movie. He also provided the voice of Snoopy in the video game The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure.
In July 2016, he made his breakthrough as Will Byers in the Netflix science fiction horror television series Stranger Things. He was promoted to series regular for the series' second season, which debuted on October 27, 2017. Schnapp has also appeared in independent films such as Abe (2019) and Waiting for Anya (2019). (2020). He appeared in Hubie Halloween, a 2020 Halloween comedy film. Schnapp joined the cast of The Tutor in April 2022.
Other business ventures
He launched a YouTube channel under his own name in 2019. He was active for about a year and a half, primarily creating vlogs and lifestyle videos. The channel has 4.2 million subscribers and 110 million views as of June 2022.
Schnapp will launch To Be Honest (TBH), a sustainable snacking company, in November 2021. Schnapp announced a crowdfunding campaign for this venture on the Republic platform in November 2022, aiming to raise a maximum of $1.235 million at a valuation cap of $15 million.
On January 5, 2023, Schnapp came out as gay in a video posted to his TikTok account. In the video, he expressed relief that his family and friends had accepted his coming out, and he joked in the caption, "I guess I'm more similar to Will [Byers] than I thought," referring to his Stranger Things character being gay as well.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2015||Bridge of Spies||Roger Donovan|
|2015||The Peanuts Movie||Charlie Brown (voice)|
|2018||The Legend of Hallowaiian||Kai (voice)|
|2018||We Only Know So Much||Otis Copeland|
|2020||Waiting for Anya||Jo|
|2021||Who Are You, Charlie Brown?||Himself||Documentary|
|TBA||The Tutor ||TBA||Post-production|
|2016–present||Stranger Things||Will Byers||Recurring role (season 1); main role (season 2–present)|
|2017||Lip Sync Battle||Himself||Episode: "The Cast of Stranger Things"|
|2018||Liza on Demand||Evan / Trevor||2 episodes|
|2021||Stranger Sharks||Himself||TV special (Shark Week)|
|2016||"LA Devotee"||Panic! at the Disco|
|2018||"In My Feelings"||Drake|
|2020||"See You"||Johnny Orlando|
Awards and nominations
Awards and nominations received by Noah Schnapp
|MTV Movie & TV Awards||2018||Best Frightened Performance||Stranger Things||Won|
|Best On-Screen Team||Stranger Things||Nominated|
|People's Choice Awards||2022||Male TV Star of 2022||—||Won|
|Queerty Awards||2023||Closet Door Bustdown||—||Won|
|Screen Actors Guild Awards||2017||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Stranger Things||Won|
|2018||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Stranger Things||Nominated|
|2020||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series||Stranger Things||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||2019||Choice Summer TV Actor||—||Won|
|Young Artist Awards||2017||Best Performance in a Digital TV Series or Film – Young Actor||Stranger Things||Nominated|
|Real Name||Noah Schnapp|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters - 155 cm|
in meters - 1.55 m
in feet inches - 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms - 45 kg|
in Pounds - 100 lbs
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 2004|
|Age (as of 2022)||18 Years|
|Birthplace||Scarsdale, New York, United States|
|Hometown||New York City, New York, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Pursuing his school education|
|Debut||Film- Bridge of Spies (2015)|
TV- Stranger Things (2016)
Video Game- The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure
|Family||Father- Mitchell Schnapp|
Mother- Karine Schnapp
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Chloe Schnapp (Fraternal Twin Sister)
|Hobbies||Acting, Spending Time with close friends at park, Swimming, Skateboarding|
|Actors||Chris Evans, David Harbour|
|Color(s)||Red, Green, Blue|
|Holiday Destination||Camp Echo Lake|
|Clothing Brand(s)||Nike, Vans|
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
Note: In January 2023, he posted a video om his TikTok account and wrote, "When I finally told my friends and family I was gay after being scared in the closet for 18 years and all they said was we know."
Some Lesser Known Facts About Noah Schnapp
- Does Noah Schnapp smoke?: No
- Does Noah Schnapp drink alcohol?: No
- In 2015, Noah started his film career with Bridge of Spies in which he played the role of Roger Donovan.
- He then came as a voice-over artist in the film “The Peanuts Movie” and voiced character- Charlie Brown.
- Noah became popular for his fantastic voicing skills and voiced character Jay in movie Angry Birds in 2016.
- For the auditions of famous American science fiction-horror web television series titled “Stranger Things,” he first sent the self-tape for the role of Mike but was asked by the director to tape for the role of Will.
- Since 2016, he has been starred in the show Stranger Things in the lead role of Will Byers. Here’s a glimpse of his impactful performance in the series:
- His acting career rose to prominence after his incredible performance in Stranger Things. Moreover, when he returned to the show in the second season, his role made such a deep impression on the viewers that he became popularly known by his character name- Will worldwide.
- He then did a remarkable role of Lucas in a short film named The Circle in 2017. The same year, he was featured in the movie “We Only Know So Much” as Otis Copeland.
- At just the age of 13, he was nominated at Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a Digital TV Series or Film – Young Actor for Stranger Things.
- In 2017, he got his life’s first award at Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for his phenomenal acting in Stranger Things, which added a feather to his career cap. Here’s a video showcasing Noah’s immense happiness after getting the award:
- In 2018, Noah starred in films named Intensive Care and Abe; performing roles of TJ Swift and Andrade Grostein in the respective movies.
- His acting in Stranger Things made him popular worldwide and he was nominated for the second time at Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- In an interview with Kelly and Ryan, Noah talked about his dreams, journey as an actor and his various roles:
- He loves doing activities like swimming and skateboarding in his leisure time.